- 3 lbs of pork shoulder cut into 1 inch chunks, trimmed of fat
- 1 lb of chorizo
- 2 cups of sofrito
- 1/2 lb of Kabocha squash ( available in most Latin markets. If you can't find it use any other variety of pumpkin available).
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn
- 2 cups of chicken stock, more to cover if needed
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs of canola oil
- Add several tbs of oil to a large sauce pan and add the pork chunks.
- Cook stirring occasionally until pork chunks are browned all over.
- Remove pork chunks from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan add the sofrito and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add all the other ingredients and make sure liquid covers.
- Simmer partially covered for 2 hours, adding more liquid if necessary.