Asian Style Chitterlings:
- 5 lb bucket of pre cleaned chitterlings
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbs hot chili paste
- 10 bay leaves
- cold water to cover
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- hot sauce for serving
- 2 tbs canola oil
- Add chitterlings to a sink full of cold water and rinse thoroughly in several changes of water.
- Place the cleaned chitterlings in a large sauce pan and cover with water.
- Add the cider vinegar and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 3 hours.
- Drain the chitterlings and let cool slightly.
- Add canola oil to a hot pan and add the onions garlic and green pepper.
- Saute for about 4 minutes until onions are clear.
- Add the chitterlings along with the soy sauce and chili paste and saute for another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Note; Chitterlings can also be deep fried in 350 degree hot oil for a crispy treat.