- 1/2 lb large shrimp in shells, legs removed
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1-2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly on a bias
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs gin
- Prepare all ingredients in advance as this dish must be done quickly over very high heat. Do not peel the shrimp.
- Heat a wok or frying pan until very hot.
- Add the oil, salt, pepper and garlic all at once.
- Add the shrimp and stir fry it for several moments, then add the ginger and scallions and continue to stir fry until the shrimp turns bright pink and is cooked through.
- Add the soy sauce and gin into the pan all at once, then put a lid on the pan immediately, and turn off the heat.
- Serve with white rice.
- Serves 4 as an appetizer.
- Recipe may be doubled.