- 4 slices Wisconsin fontina cheese
- 1lb ground chuck 80/20
- 8 slices heirloom tomatoes
- 4 tbs Guacamole
- 4 slices red onion
- 8 strips bacon
- mixed greens for garnish
- 8 grilled sourdough slices
- Form four patties from the ground chuck (1/4 lb each)
- In a saute pan fry the bacon until almost crispy.
- Fry the hamburger patties in the same patty until medium (about 4 minutes on each side)
- In the last two minutes of cooking add the cheese slices to the burger.
- Place bread slices on a stove top grill or under an broiler and grill until slightly golden.
- To assemble burgers place some mixed greens on the bottom on the roll followed by several slices of tomatoes, and several slices of red onion
- Place the burger atop, add the bacon and guacamole then top with the remaining bread slice.